Tuesday, August 24, 2010

xhurch Improvement



I apologize if this forum turns into a home improvement blog in the coming weeks, but my new environ requires a few renovations and upgrades. The most pressing of which, you might imagine to be a shower. But in fact it is a kitchen sink. There is little dignity in asking your friends "hey can I grab a shower on my visit?" but there is even littler dignity in meticulously scraping residual food into the garbage before washing your dishes in the bathroom sink.

Thankfully, I have a talented and motley pool of friends from whom to call upon for their many varied services and generosity. Today's task will require the expertise of Reggie, a skilled plumber and all-around rad dude.

In preparation for today's work I had to school myself in the ways of random orbit sanding. This is not rocket science, and in fact, I got a brief demo from Isaac (the friend that loaned me the sander, also a rad dude). This generosity and community-building is one of the imminent joys of a project like this, and still I'm surprised and grateful at the willingness of friends to contribute their time and resources.

Okay, it's easy to get sappy when there are sponsors to thank. This God, LLC Church Improvement update was brought to you in part by Porter-Cable Quicksand® random orbital sander:

No comments: